Thursday, August 23, 2007

Home Alone with the Boys




Well, the boys and I have been home alone all day while dad and Ally go to Cedar Point with the teens. Boys, let me say, are a riot.

At breakfast, Kenton only spilled half a gallon of milk "trying to help" Eric. He very thoughtfully wiped it up with one of my nice towels, although he said "It still needs to dry."

At the grocery, they pretended to be the Hulk together. While this is rather funny and endearing to me, apparently the rest of the Meijer shoppers were not amused.
They made guns out of everything. Everything! Their building toys, their lunch, their gaming controllers, everything.

They ate. All day. As soon as the plate was cleared, I heard, "I am still hungry!" I went to the store this morning, and I'll need to go again tomorrow! I am getting a bit nervous about the teen years.
They played video games (I gotta tell you, watching a 2 and 6 year old play X-Box is a riot), played in the pool, got messy, dug some holes, were unbelievably loud, and messy, all day.

What a blast!

There is nothing more wonderful than a couple of little boys, unencumbered by girls, and left to their own devices.
By the way-Allyson rode the Maverick today! People, this is a big deal!

No comments: