Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Happy December



The Christmas season is upon us! We have gotten all of the leaves raked, and we are ready for the snow to start falling. The kids are getting excited about Christmas, and about camp soon afterward. Today, it is snowing, and they spent a good part of the day out in it.


We put up our Christmas tree last night-Eric was amazed by it. He loves the ornaments-he'll take them off of the tree, snuggle them, and then try to put them back on again. It's adorable.








During school today, it was snowing pretty good, so we took a break after math and played outside (gotta love home-schooling). Eric filled up his dump truck with snow, and dumped it on Allyson.

When they came in, we had hot cocoa and spelling tests, and then cut out snowflakes for the windows. I love days like this. It has been full of those small special every-day memories that hopefully will be cherished as the kids get older.

The Lord has been good to us today, and He will continue to be good to us. Everywhere I look during this time of year, I see His blessings to me.

3 comments:

Jules said...

I love your decorating!

My ds loved to rearrange our tree at that age. I let it roll. They only do it for awhile and what a fun activity.

quiltmomof2 on SL

Heather@To Sow a Seed said...

How I miss little fingers exploring our Christmas tree! Thank you for the trip down memory lane ... :-)

Jase Divens said...

Merry Christmas! Just wanted to say hello. Hope to talk to you soon!
Jeanene