Wednesday, March 05, 2008

It is still snowing. Still.



I'm cranky.


Here it is March, and last night, six (6!) inches of snow landed in our laps. Like Dr. Hamblin says, that's enough to make a stone weep. March in Michigan is not for the weak.


Or the patient.


Or the native southerner.


Sigh.


Oddly enough, the native-born Michiganders in the house, aside from Jason, are not at all upset that it's still snowing out. The boys played outside like it was the best thing ever. My bad attitude never looked so bad.


But, the snow brings out the chivalrous side of the neighbors: When my neighbor with his massive snow blower sees me and Ally out with our little shovel, it's like the man can not wait to rush over to help. If only we could invent a huge gas-powered laundry machine or vaccuum cleaner. "Pardon me ma'am-I've got the Craftsman Laundry-Folder 7000, lemme take care of those sheets and towels for you!"


1 comment:

Jase Divens said...

I feel your pain, Rhonda. We had another ice storm and more snow this week here in OH. I got used to the warmer temperatures living down South these last few years. Now that we're back in the North, well, any time now . . .

Jeanene:0)