Monday, September 03, 2007

Further Proof

...that Jesus loves me:


I rode around in one of these today! Can you even believe it? It's a '68 Chevy Malibu, praise God, owned by a wonderful lady at our church, who, quite fearlessly, let my husband drive it. Man, he was like a little kid! It was wonderful. He said, "I am smiling like when we got married!"

We were at the church Labor Day picnic today, and it was a wonderful time. The spirit of the people was so warm, the food was unbelievable, and the weather was perfect. I think God left the bugs just so we'd know we weren't in heaven just yet.

That God would a) give people the ability to build such a marvelous machine, and b) place me in the general vicinity of someone who owns one, and c) have said vehicle be owned by someone who is so gracious and willing to share the joy of it, is just amazing. It's the little blessings that really get me sometimes, you know.

I sat in the back seat with Kenton and his friend Jonah for one of our little spins. Their absolute glee was so great to be around. Boys and their toys...lol!

Look for little blessings this week. They are all around you.

No comments: