Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I have been tagged...

I have been tagged...


The Fabulous Marianne tagged me and instructed me to do the following:


1. Go to the 4th folder in your computer where you store your pictures.
2. Pick the 4th picture in that folder.
3. Explain the picture.
4. Tag 4 people to do the same!



As scary as that sounds, here I go...tip-toeing to the picture files, I find this is the picture:

This picture was taken at co-op last spring. I am the de-facto photographer for our homeschool co-op, and this picture was taken on Pajama Day. The kids did a service project during chapel that day which involved putting together a large amount of sack lunches for one of the Detroit area homeless shelters. Here, the some of the kids and one of the teacher/moms prays for the people who will receive the lunches. It was a wonderful day, and the kids did a great job putting together all of the lunches. I believe we will be doing the same service project this year.

But wait, there's more! Marianne tagged me to answer some interesting questions, too(hopefully I can make my life sound interesting, anyway):

8 TV shows I watch:

1. 24-can not wait for it to start-but the jerks at FOX have it premiering on a Sunday! Aaaugh! I told Jason I was planning on catching a quick cold that day.
2. ER-we've watched it from episode one. Like, for almost our entire 17 year marraige!
3. What Not to Wear-Ally and I love watching this together
4. Mythbusters-Jason and the kids love it, I think it's a homeschool requirement.
5. House-great show. Quotable even: "You are a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day."
6. Fringe-we watched it after House once, and now we are being sucked in against our will.
7. Dirty Jobs-that Mike guy is a riot
8. Iron Chef-every now and then. Battle Cranberry was very intriguing.

8 Favorite Restaurants

(Disclaimer: The downriver metro Detroit area is pretty much devoid of restaurants. I'm just sayin'...)

1. Cracker Barrel-hashbrown cassarole. 'Nuff said.
2. Red Lobster-those stinking biscuits should have a warning label: warning-one can not stop oneself from consuming these things until they fear public vomitting will ensue.
3. Famous Dave's BBQ-awesome briscuit.
4. Kate's Kitchen-local little gem. serious pie. oh my.
5. Pappadeaux-yeah, it's in Houston. There is no need to rub it in. sigh...
6. Pappasitos-almost worth booking the flight and dealing with security to have their fajitas.
7. Olgas-just yummy.
8. LaPita-very nice Middle Eastern food, and the smoothies are amazing!

8 Things that Happened to Me Today:

1. My kids woke me up-there is seriously nothing better than a warm bed full of laughing children on a cold morning.
2. I had a great omelette at IHOP with the fam...Eric shamelessly flirted with the waitresses...hilarious.
3. It snowed for the better part of the day. Yes I know this is just supposed to be stuff that happened to me, but I am taking the snow personally, dang it!
4. I took the boys to shop for a present from them to Allyson while Jason took Allyson to shop for her brothers. Have you ever seen a three year old shop? I wish I would have video-taped it.
5. I got to see the end of "Home Alone". I admit it-I love that movie!
6. I found a jug of dishwasher detergent in the back of the van. It made me laugh.
7. I wrapped the presents the kids got for eachother with Jason tonight.
8. Jason realized he has to go into the office early in the morning...sigh...

8 Things I Look Forward To:

1. Watching my children grow up
2. Seeing how the Lord directs Jason's ministry.
3. Winter Camp!
4. Seeing how God works in the kids under our ministry
5. This year's Easter play...it will be different this year!
6. Tomorrow night-watching the kids open their gifts.
7. Being together with our extended family...I hope it happens soon!
8. SPRING!

8 Things I Wish For:

(Wish, as used in the Bible, means to "wait with expectation" like, I wish Spring will come. I know it will happen, and I am waiting with expectation for that event to occur!)

1. Heaven
2. Leading Eric to the Lord
3. My children to go into the ministry
4. To be a better wife
5. Finishing the school year ahead of schedule
6. Teaching Eric to read
7. Jason and I to be in the center of God's will
8. SPRING!

OK-now I get to tag some people!

(Disclaimer...I don't even know eight people who blog...lol...)

1. Jeanene
2. Robin

uh...yeah...that's all I am tagging...lol...maybe I need to wish for more blogging friends...lol

Christmas is coming!

1 comment:

Southern Latitudes said...

Oh how fun. I'll have to tackle this tomorrow when I have more energy. (I just realized it was midnight.)

Now I'm scared at what my 4th folder,4picture is.

You're totally right about the Red Lobster biscuits!