Friday, February 27, 2009

Yeah, I know, it's been awhile...

This time of year is non-stop for us, and so I have been terribly neglecting this blog...apologies to all of you readers (how many of you are there? Four now? Woo-hoo!!)

We are knee-deep in Easter play practice at church, in addition to our already-full schedule. The play means being at church every day but Friday for me, and every day, period, for Jason-no day off for four months!! Pray for endurance!

We had a wonderful Christmas, and then we had an awesome time at winter camp. There are tons of pictures on Facebook, you should check them out! The Lord truly blessed us.

Here is a pic of Eric's 4th (yes, I said 4th! I can't believe it either!) birthday! He's such a wonderful boy, and every day he does something that makes us all smile. He's been sick the past few days-he's a real trooper of a patient.


Jason cooked me dinner on Valentine's day: porterhouse steak and baked potatoes-mmm. He and I watched "Fireproof" and we loved it! If you haven't seen it yet, go rent it! As I was thinking about the movie, and Jason and I were talking about it together, I thought about the best marital advice I ever heard (from Dr. Curtis Hutson-great preacher of the past): "Do for your husband and train your husband-never the other way around." That statement is so profound! If we start training our kids to be good husbands and wives, then we will see our children have good marriages. And, if we start doing things for our husbands, instead of trying to re-train them, then we will be happier.
So, what's the best marital advise you ever received?

4 comments:

Some Dude said...

I love that Hulk-rage picture.

Marianne said...

The best marital advise came from Bruce said before I married Jeremy . . . he said "There is still time to change you mind." That ship has since sailed, so I am out of luck. Just kidding! The best marital advice for me is to study your spouse and love him in the way he needs to see love. Also keep your priorities straight -- God, spouse, children, ministry.

Southern Latitudes said...

Happy birthday to both you and Eric. Cute picture of him.

My best marital advice I got before marriage was to always shower with my hubby. It turned out to be pretty good advice even though it is less frequent now.

Here's something else somebody said to me, "There's nothing worse than a bad marriage and nothing better than a good marriage." I have found this to be soooo true. I'm so thankful God gave me a good man & good marriage.

Roda said...

Some Dude-me too. That is exactly the boy's personality, too.

Marianne-my pastor says the same thing about studying your spouce. It's so true! He says, "You don't have to understand all men, or all women, just your man or your woman." Btw, Bruce told me the same thing. So glad I ignored him! I bet you are too!

Robin-I love your quote from Somebody (lol) about marriage. I agree-very true!